Re: [gtk-list] Re: Implementing "modeless" dialogs as in Photoshop

Marcus Brubaker wrote:

> I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think in theory what you would do is
> setup a signal handler for your main window for the minimize signal.  Have
> the signal handler go through and minimize all your popup windows and
> dialogs.

Hi,

I am also interested in this. Maybe for others it is obvious, but I fail
to understand how to do similar things with gtk/gdk. Do I have to go to
core X ?

What I actually want is:
1. make the app to know what state is in and when the state is changed
by user imput (via window manager) but I don't seen any minimize/restore
signal in gtk;
2. let the app change its state Iconified <-> NormalState depending of
other events (I want my app to minimize itself after some action is
finished and deiconify after some time, all without user interaction).

TIA,

Ionutz