Re: [gtk-list] CTree bug or programmer error?

On Sun, Jan 17, 1999 at 08:33:13PM -0600, Andrew P. Lentvorski wrote:

> I created a sample app which just creates a simple CTree(1.1.12).
> The bug I am seeing is that gtk_clist_columns_autosize does not set
> the width of the column wide enough to see the entire label.

I ran into a similar problem recently.  The columns_autosize function
wasn't taking the width of the column heading labels into account when
laying out the column widths.  My solution was to reorder things so
that both the clist and its containing window were created and
gtk_widget_show'n, and then calling gtk_clist_columns_autosize.

> Is this a bug or did I just make a stupid programming error?

I don't know whether its a bug or not, but I was also caught off-gaurd
by this behaviour.

-- John Kodis.