Re: [gtk-list] Re: [IRIX6.5] Gtk 1.1.12 Compilation Weirdness ...

On 14 Jan 1999, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Ronan Bourlier <rbourlie@ford.com> writes:
>
> Maximilien Lincourt wrote:
>
> > >  I'm trying to build the latest gtk+ ( 1.1.12 ) on my O2 running
> > > Irix 6.5, I now see a weird problem that I never saw before ...
> > > ( the only other gtk+ I build on Irix6.5 was 1.0.6 )
> > >
> > > using native tools ( cc, make, ... )
> > >
> > > gtk build OK ( the gtk directory; (cd gtk/; make)  )
> > >
> > > The Makefile in the gdk directory seem to have a small problem;
> > > when launching the make, it build the gdk library sources over and
> > > over again ...

> But if nobody tries to use SGI cc or make (actually, cc,
> in the past has had _less_ reported problems than GCC on IRIX),
> is 1.2 supposed to be stable on IRIX?
>
> GTK+ is supposed to work without gmake and has worked OK
> with other makes in the past. Most of the core GTK+
> developers don't personally have access to SGI boxes,
> so we rely on other people to figure out what is happening
> in these sorts of situations and submit patches.

I had the same problem on Irix 6.3 but solved with a simple modification
in the gdk Makefile.

Here's a part from the original Makefile:

INCLUDES = \
        -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=\"Gdk\"  \
        -I$(top_srcdir)         \
        -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS    \
        -DUSE_XIM               \
                \
        -I/opt/lib/glib/include -I/opt/include -D_REENTRANT             \

libgdk_la_SOURCES = \

The problem is the \ after -D_REENTRANT. The make thinks that the
libgdk... line is also the part of the INCLUDES.

So after (each) configure delete the \ and it works! (At least for me :)

1.1.9 and 1.1.11 has the same problem.