Re: [gtk-list] Re: [IRIX6.5] Gtk 1.1.12 Compilation Weirdness ...

> But if nobody tries to use SGI cc or make (actually, cc,
> in the past has had _less_ reported problems than GCC on IRIX),
> is 1.2 supposed to be stable on IRIX?
>
> GTK+ is supposed to work without gmake and has worked OK
> with other makes in the past. Most of the core GTK+
> developers don't personally have access to SGI boxes,
> so we rely on other people to figure out what is happening
> in these sorts of situations and submit patches.

Hi Owen, I totally agree with you, it should work on all platforms.
But as you said, most of people don't have access to SGI boxes.
It's then up to you (and me and other SGI developers) to make it work on
SGI
with the SGI tools.
I am willing to help on that, but I don't want to do that again
and again for each new modifications.

Just for information, I have the same problem with make,
but it works with gmake.
I just had to make a modification in : gdkrgb.c
(gpointer)malloc instead of malloc on line 645

Ronan