Re: [gtk-list] Re: Newbie GTK developer. Is GTK 1.1.12 compatible with GTK 1.0

Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:

> Thanks Bruno for the quick response
>
> > My suggestion is : get the 1.1.12, and then run, first in glib,
> >
> > ./configure --prefix=/opt/gtk+-1.1.12
> > make ; make install
> >
> > Then either configure your LD_LIBRARY_PATH =/opt/gtk+-1.1.12/lib either add
> > this path to your /etc/ld.so.conf
>
> Should this be right at the top before /usr/lib or at the end of
> /etc/ld.so.conf
>
> yusuf

/usr/i486-linuxaout/lib
/usr/lib
/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib
/opt/gtk+-1.1.11/lib
/opt/gtk+-1.1.9/lib
/opt/gtk+-1.1.7/lib
/opt/gtk+-1.1.5/lib
/opt/gtk+-1.1.3/lib
/opt/gtk+-1.1.2/lib
/opt/gtk+-1.1.1/lib

This is the content of my ld.so.conf, so you can see that the gtk directories
com at the end, but the last version, is at the top.

Actually, I don't know if it matters, but, as the gtk+-1.1.x libraries are named
under their versions, it should be all right.

Goodbye

Bruno