Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk--: Item_Factory and Radio_Button groupquestion

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, Brian Masney wrote:

> Hello,
>    I ran into this problem a few weeks ago on my ftp client. If you want
> to select a radio item in a itemfactory, here's one way to do it.
>
> GtkItemFactoryEntry menu_items[] = {
>    {"/FTP",		NULL,	0,	0,	"<Branch>"},
>    {"FTP/Ascii",	NULL,	func1,	0,	"<RadioItem>"},
>    {"FTP/Binary",	NULL,	func2,	0,	"<RadioItem>"}};
> GtkWidget *ascii_widget, *binary_widget;
>
> /* Create item factory here */
>
> /* We'll get the actual widget for the 2 items */
> ascii_widget = gtk_item_factory_get_widget(factory, menu_items[1].path);
> binary_widget = gtk_item_factory_get_widget(factory, menu_items[2].path);
>
> /* We can now set the state of them */
> gtk_check_menu_item_set_state(GTK_CHECK_MENU_ITEM(ascii_widget), TRUE);
>
> You may have to use gtk_radio_menu_item_set_group() on the widgets to make
> the radio buttons function properly.

no, you don't need to, that's why GtkItemFactoryEntry.item_type is a string,
rather than a define, try:
GtkItemFactoryEntry menu_items[] = {
/*{"/FTP",           NULL,   0,      0,       "<Branch>"},    superfluous */
  {"/FTP/Ascii",      NULL,   func1,  0,      "<RadioItem>"},
  {"/FTP/Binary",     NULL,   func2,  0,      "/FTP/Ascii"}
};