Help gnome-core-cvs erros

I have no sound card in my test machine, when I run configure
--disable-esdtest
I get a message saying it can't find esd-config or something to that
effect.
then when I run make I get the following error.

gnome-terminat.c:1200: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
after ' gnome_terminal_menu[1].hint
this error repeats several times then I get
make[2]: ***[gnmome-terminal.o] Error1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/misc/gnomcvs/gnome-core/gnome-terminal'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/misc/gnomecvs/gnome-core'
make:*** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Can anyone please help me in solving this problem?
Especially without buyinh a soundcard.
I believe that I have downloaded all the CVS for
gnome. If anyone has a list for gnome source installaiton
for gnome to work on RH5.2 properly.

Thanks

Kevin