Re: [gtk-list] Re: help with ORBit

On 01/07/99 Bart Kuster uttered the following other thing:

> On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Brandon Long wrote:
>
> > On 01/07/99 Kevin Saenz uttered the following other thing:
> > > If you continue to have difficulty please contact
> > > <listmaster@redhat.com>.
> > > I have Just installed RH5.2, and I have been installing glib-CVS,
> > > gtk+CVS, gtk-engines-CVS, , gtk10-1.0.6, and imlib-CVS, when I get to
> > > the make part I get a help of errors, from the compiler
> > > one is
> > >
> > > not 64 bit interger will use 32 bit interger.
> > >
> > > then there is another error that pops up it says
> > >
> > > do not HAVE_GINT64
> > > make sure you don't have an older copy of glibconfig.h
> > >

> > > how do I fix this problem?
> >
> > You installed gtk10-1.0.6?  That's the older version of gtk, and glib,
> > which will have the older copy of glibconfig.h.  Don't install that one,
> > reinstall glib-CVS, and recompile.
> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem on my slackware 3.6-system (which has gtk 1.0.6 or
> so pre-installed). Even when I deleted all the files associated with gtk
> and reinstalled gtk 1.1.12, I could not compile ORBit... I hope someone
> can help us with this :)

You have to delete glibconfig.h

try locate glibconfig.h to see where it might be hiding:
It should be in /usr/local/lib/glib/include (or, /usr/lib/glib/include)

Make sure there isn't one in /usr/include/glib/

Brandon
--
Brandon Long (blong@fiction.net)             [http://www.fiction.net/blong/]

"You mean the computer's making this up as it goes along?"
"You might put it that way."
"Well, that does make me feel a little better.  I thought I was the only one."
-- Col. Graff and Major Imbu, _Ender's Game_