Proper way to destroy a window and all widgets within?

What is the proper way to destroy a window and all the widgets within
that window? (i.e. when you've closed a window that is used by the
application and you don't need it any more) There doesn't appear to be
an example of this in the tutorial. (Yeah, I know I can look at other
app's source, but I'd like a definitive answer.)

Should I be individually doing gtk_widget_destroy for each element? This
seems to behave inconsistently.

Currently I am just destroying the window itself. Is that sufficient?

-- Nathan