List of GTK TODO suggestions.
- From: Mr Mike Sinclair <mike sinclair MailAndNews com>
- To: gtk-list redhat com
- Subject: List of GTK TODO suggestions.
- Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 18:02:17 -0500
Ok, here are some valuable features that could be added to the GTK.
Please respond with your criticism/support.
- Right click context menu for text boxes.
- Context-sensitive help popups, esp. for dialogs boxes. They could be
activated by a right click when that's not otherwise bound, or by pressing a ?
button then using a left click.
- In the TreeView widget the letter keys on the keyboard should act as
accelerators to the nearest item starting with that letter.
- TreeView smooth scrolling would be cool!
- Menu bar items should highlight, tracking the mouse movement, consistent
with that same feedback behaviour exhibited by toolbar items.
- Pressing the alt key once should make the top left menu highlight.
- In the table/details view widget double clicking a column header border
should automatically resize that column to the best fit width.
- There should be more intelligent initial widths to the columns.
- Tooltips should use bg[PRELIGHT] for their background rather than the same
one as toolbars. Currently it doesn't look great when there is a tooltip for a
toolbar button - the backgrounds for the two are the same.
- The menu button, as seen on modern keyboards, should be mapped to bring up
the current context (right click) menu.
- It would be nice if a drag and drop toolbar configurator could be built into
] [Thread Prev