Re: [gtk-list] gtk+-1.2.0 compile problems

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Patrick O'Neil wrote:
> I recently downloaded the latest gtk+ and glib 1.2.0 tarballs.
> I successfully compiled glib but, as usual with gtk, not gtk+.

Perhaps your system has some broken libraries or something. I've compiled
Gtk probably 1000 times between .99.x and 1.2, most of them out of CVS,
and *never* had it not work.

(It's possible that the tarballs have something wrong with them of
course.)

> ar: gdkfont.o: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [libgdk.la] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gtk/gtk+-1.2.0/gdk'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gtk/gtk+-1.2.0'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Does gdkfont.c exist?

What was the exact sequence of commands you used to build?

What is the command make is running that causes the above error (the link
command obviously, but the exact text on your system)?

Are there any other errors before this one?

Does configure show any errors when you run it? (If so, config.log may
show the cause of them.)

Havoc