Re: [gtk-list] continuously drawing without events?

On Tue, Feb 23, 1999 at 01:43:32PM +0100, Christian B. Westermann wrote:

> I'm trying to build a data-plotter, that must continuously show new data
> on a xy-plot. All drawing examples that I've seen so far use
> user-interface-events for drawing (simple-scribble and so on...).

I may have already written this for you.  Check out the gstripchart
program in the gnome-utils section of the gnome project.  This program
was designed to periodically read data from /proc/wherever and plot
them, but gstripchart is also able to read data from a pipe.  Even if
this program doesn't solve your problem out-of-the-box, it should give
you some idea of how to proceed.

-- John Kodis.