Re: [gtk-list] Re: What ports of gdk/gtk? (GGI anybody?)

>On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Stephen Kennedy wrote:
>
>> Just had a thought the other day. I use pretty much only gtk/gnome
>> apps for day to day stuff, so most of X's power is wasted.
>
>GTK/GNOME use X for all display purposes. GTK/GNOME would be nowhere
without
>X. The libraries rely on some kind of windowing framework to be available.
>GGI does not provide this.

Do you mean GTK is only available under Linux? If I remember right, GTK
applications can be compiled for Windows as well - is that true?
if not, do you know any windowing library that can be used for
cross-platform development under Linux and Windows?

Thanks
Udo Giacomozzi

--
* Email: udo_giacomozzi@rolmail.net