Re: [gtk-list] text widget - make position visible

Hi,

You could try gtk_editable_set_position(), but this has the annoying
side effect that if you move the point to somewhere not currently
visible, the text widget scrolls slowly to the point requested.  It
does get you to the right part of the text widget.

Does anyone know if anything is happening/planned regarding a
replacement for GtkText?  It isn't exactly blisteringly fast, and it
would be nice to have a better system for displaying rich text (ie
multiple fonts/colours).  There has occasionally been talk of a new
text widget; presumably this is post 1.2?

Lyndon