Changing tooltips?

  Hi..I'm forwarding this for someone who's not subscribed to the list but
I'll let him know what the consensus is.  Neither of us can solve the problem.

> I would like to have a tooltip for GtkTreeItems on a GtkTree.  I would like to
> update them before the tooltips show, and/or at regular intervals.  I have
> tried capturing the enter-notify-event, but that stops the tips from showing
> at all (yes i did return FALSE so the signal would be passed on...).  It would
> also be nice (i do not know if this is possible with gtk) that when the
> tooltip text is updated the tip does not disappear.

 (he wants to display continually updated tooltips (time measurements) but
  when he captures the enter-notify to set the tooltip before it displays,
  it won't display at all, while updating it at regular intervals fails since,
  apparently, the tooltips vanish when they're changed)

--
"It is hard to think of anything less sentient than a pumpkin."
  -- Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_