Re: [gtk-list] Question about the file selection dialog

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Achint Sandhu wrote:

> 	The callback gets called ok when I run the application, but when I try
> and get rid of the dialog in the callback, after I have written the
> file, the
> code seg faults. Currently I am doing this as follows:

sometime ago (near 3 weeks) this question happened in gtk_app_devel_list,
but the author posted a little bit more code than you, I was quite sure,
that problem was with operating with file descriptors, not with gtk. It
seems to be true.

> void exportOk(GtkWidget *widget, gpointer data) {
>   char *fileName =
>
> gtk_file_selection_get_filename(GTK_FILE_SELECTION(aWindow->_fileDialog));
>
>   /* Write the file */
>   /* ... */
>
>   gtk_widget_destroy(widget);
> }
>
> 	The gtk_widget_destroy is what is causing the seg fault....
>
> 	Any help would be greatly appreciated...

_____
Alexander Kotelnikov
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
mailto:sacha@ak2614.spb.edu