Re: [gtk-list] Re: Method to query toggle button state?

At 09:21 PM 19/02/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>There shouldn't be any public data members.  The fact that there is,
>is itself a mistake.
>
>   > But however you choose to describe it, programs that do stuff like
>   > this are dependent on the internal design of the object and that is
>   > a "bad thing" (tm).
>
>   Again, if the .active element is a public member of the structure.  I
>   fail to see what a macro or an inline function would buy you here,
>   exactly.
>
>If you get people to use the macro or inline, you can get rid of the
>public data member eventually.
>
>Speaking as somebody who is currently porting an application to 1.1.1
>to 1.1.16, the argument that ``everybody uses .active so it can't go
>away'' rings a little hollow!  (ok_button, anybody?)

The 1.1.x series is a development release. There is no reason why this
can't be fixed. If people were doing things the "wrong" way, too bad.
Better that than having to live with thing in to the 1.2 series.

Cheers!

Internet:kcozens at interlog.com   |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
      or:ve3syb at rac.ca          |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus:
Packet:ve3syb@va3bbs.#scon.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"
#include <disclaimer/favourite>    |              -Pinkutus & the Borg