Re: [gtk-list] Re: Method to query toggle button state?

On Sat, Feb 20, 1999 at 04:45:18AM +0100, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
> Jimmie Mayfield <mayfield@sackheads.org> writes:
>
> > That was precisely the point of my post.  IME, it's not a good
> > design for programs to have to access internal widget members
> > directly.  In OO, you could say this is defeating the object's
> > encapsulation.
>
> Not if .active is a public member of the object.  Or am I missing a
> subtler point?

No, you're quite correct.  The trick, since GTK is a 'C' entity,
is determining which members are part of the public interface and
which are private.  The header files don't seem to indicate this.
I had simply assumed that all data members were "private".

Jimmie

--
Jimmie Mayfield
http://www.sackheads.org/mayfield       email: mayfield@sackheads.org