RE: [gtk-list] CList/scrolled window drawing bug

> Mike Oliphant [SMTP:oliphant@ling.ed.ac.uk] wrote on Thursday, February
> 18, 1999 5:24 AM
>
> In all versions of the development series of gtk+ that I've tried
> (included 1.1.16) I get display problems with a clist inside a scrolled
> window.
>
> It generally works fine, but every now and then it seems to get confused
> and stops updating properly. Scrolling the list up and down results in the
> window "blurring", as if it is being re-drawn without erasing properly
> first. It seems to fix itself if it gets an expose event.
>
> This could well be my fault, but the fact that I'm not doing anything
> particularly complicated and had no problems with 1.0.6 indicates a
> possible gtk+ bug.

I wonder if this is the same problem I've seen in the CTree part of
testgtk.  If you select the root node, expand all, and contract all, the
rest of the tree does not disappear from the window unless you resize
it (any expose event?)  I saw this in 1.13 and 1.15.  I did not see it in
1.14, and I haven't tested 1.16 yet.

Jack
jack_h_ostroff@groton.pfizer.com