CList/scrolled window drawing bug

In all versions of the development series of gtk+ that I've tried
(included 1.1.16) I get display problems with a clist inside a scrolled
window.

It generally works fine, but every now and then it seems to get confused
and stops updating properly. Scrolling the list up and down results in the
window "blurring", as if it is being re-drawn without erasing properly
first. It seems to fix itself if it gets an expose event.

This could well be my fault, but the fact that I'm not doing anything
particularly complicated and had no problems with 1.0.6 indicates a
possible gtk+ bug.

I'll be happy to do what I can to help track down the problem. The
application that it occurs in is Grip, my cd-player/ripper/encoder,
which can be obtained from:

  http://www.ling.ed.ac.uk/~oliphant/grip

Mike