Re: Displaying JPEGs

Drazen Kacar <dave@srce.hr> writes:

> Could someone tell me why GDK (or ImLib, for that matter) doesn't support
> XIE?

(For the unitiated, XIE is the X Image Extension)

 - XIE is complicated and difficult to use. (Raster tried to
   use it originally for Imlib, and gave up in frustration.)

 - XIE is not widely supported. (Nobody uses it, so expect
   bugs even where it is present.)

 - XIE only would give significant benefits if servers accelerated
   its functions with hardware. I know of no servers that
   do that.

Regards,
                                        Owen