configure won't find gtk

Hi, it's me again.

Still, I haven't solved the problem with programs not being able to find
gtk. It's very frustrating.

2.7 in the GTK FAQ suggests gtk-config is reporting an old version. Sure,
this tip is great, if that's the real problem.

*beep*

Ok, I'll interrupt this letter to report that configure now finds the
correct glib and gtk!

What I did whas this:
It seemed my structure of automake and autoconf was totally messed up,
different version installed in /usr and /usr/local. I just copied the
autoconf and automake stuff (inkl. aclocal) to the /usr structure.
I crossed my fingers, and it worked.

Still, maybe the FAQ should get an update?

Thanks for your time.

Carl-Johan Sveningsson

Endless Loop, n.:
        see Loop, Endless.
Loop, Endless, n.:
        see Endless Loop.
                -- Random Shack Data Processing Dictionary

      Carl-Johan Sveningsson
        woc@wlug.westbo.se
          ICQ# 2357535
        http://come.to/woc/