Re: [gtk-list] GtkDrawingArea weirdness ...

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Andrew P. Lentvorski wrote:

>   /* FIXME: Ask why I have to set the event mask manually to */
>   /* get the signals I want */

How is DrawingArea supposed to automatically determine what you want?
(Setting them all is inefficient, and also some of them conflict, e.g.
there are two ways motion events can be set up.)

> The expose_event should get shut off, but it doesn't.
>
> Why?

Which code is supposed to shut off the expose event? I didn't see anything
that looked like it was supposed to do that.

Havoc