GtkCombo question...

Greetings. I have got the basic GtkCombo widget working. I am trying to make
a GtkCombo widget that has a history of all the past text entries put in it.
The only problem is that the 'activate' signal for the GtkEntry contained
within the GtkCombo widget only works when pressing the ENTER key. I want to
be able to select an item out of the GtkCombo history list and have it somehow
emit the an 'activate' signal. Could someone please advise. I have spent about
1-1/2 hours on this and have had it. Thanks in advance.

-Steve