Re: [gtk-list] Argument handling

>  I've been coding for a while an ran up to a (minor) question. I'm
>  creating some GnomeCanvas things that use the GTK Argument System. It
>  allows me to set attributes on creation and set them after I have
>  created them. The problem is that I can't figure out what function is
>  used to retrieve information. gtk_object_get ()? I dunno...

You can use the gtk_object_getv() function.  Here is a small example
from the Gnomecal sources:

	GtkArg args[3];
	double text_height;
	double clip_height;
	double y_offset;

	args[0].name = "text_height";
	args[1].name = "clip_height";
	args[2].name = "y_offset";
	gtk_object_getv (GTK_OBJECT (mv->text[day_index]), 3, args);

	text_height = GTK_VALUE_DOUBLE (args[0]);
	clip_height = GTK_VALUE_DOUBLE (args[1]);
	y_offset = GTK_VALUE_DOUBLE (args[2]);

In this case, mv->text[day_index] is a GnomeCanvasText item.

  Federico