Re: [gtk-list] labelled menus

Havoc Pennington <hp@Mcs.Net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have a context-sensitive popup menu, and I'd like to have a little title
> at the top of it indicating the context (the name of the currently
> selected item). Right now I prepend a menu item with that name before
> popping it up each time. But really I want just a label - or an
> insensitive menu item that isn't "ghosted."  It's bizarre to be able to
> select the title since it does nothing.
>
> Has any invented this wheel?

Check out the GNOME panel - it does exactly that. The
effect is sort of weird anyways, since it isn't clear
until the mouse goes over it that it is a title.
Perhaps the text should be in italic or something...

(I'm not sure exactly what technique it is taking to
 achieve the non-selectability, but probably it is
 intercepting enter/leave events.)

Regards,
                                        Owen