Re: [gtk-list] I18N problem

> I have recently added to CVS the Italian texts for GTK+.
> I have a problem with some of my messages not being used by the dialog
> boxes.
> In particular, the Font information window still uses the English texts.
> Any ideas on why this is happening ?
> I'm testing with
>
> 	LANG=it ./testgtk

both

  LANG=ru ./testgtk

and

  LANG=it ./testgtk

work just fine for me. Actually you have to type

  LANG=it_IT ./testgtk

or copy all files from /usr/share/locale/it_IT to /usr/share/locale/it
(to get avoid "Gdk-Message: locale not supported by C library")

  Sergey

PS If your locale use charset different from iso8859-1, then somewhere
in you gtkrc files you should have:

style "default" {
       fontset = "-*-helvetica-medium-r-normal--12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"
}
class "GtkWidget" style "default"

or something simular.