Re: [gtk-list] Converting pointers

Anthony Tekatch <tekatch@idirect.com> writes:
> I'm not sure how to convert an xmlNodePtr to the gchar pointer
> required by arg 4 of gtk_ctree_insert_node.

It's a character array not a gchar pointer. Try this:
gchar* text[2];
text[0] = group->name;
text[1] = NULL; /* not required, just anal */

pass "text" as that argument. Note: "text" must have an element for
each column in the CTree.

>  warning: passing arg 4 of `gtk_ctree_insert_node' from incompatible
>  pointer type

Type error. Solution is: write down the type you have. Write down the
expected type. Consider how to convert and if conversion is possible.

Havoc