Re: [gtk-list] Odd Error running Gnome and GTK+ programs

On Fri, 24 Dec 1999, Russ Chadwick wrote:

> Every program I try to run on my machine just opens a white text window
> which is functional... like I can search in or save the text of.  But it
> says in it "\x7fELF\x01\x01\x01"... I downloaded a couple widget gnome
> samples, and gtk calc, a hello world and they all just do that.  Anyone got
> any suggestions?  - Russ

Do you try to run the programs from the file manager or do you start them
from the panel. In any case this is very odd, it seems to open a text
editor on the binary executable instead of executing it.

Nils
--
 Nils Philippsen / Berliner Straße 39 / D-71229 Leonberg // +49.7152.209647
nils@wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de / nils@fht-esslingen.de / nils@redhat.de