Re: [gtk-list] Re: compiling gtk+ on solaris

Erik Mouw wrote:

> Seems that my guess was right ;-). What about filing a bugreport to Sun?
> In the mean time, you may try gcc's "-Wno-strict-prototypes" flag,
> although this will certainly hide errors *you* made.

I think I've reported it about a month ago. The include files are taken
directly from X/Open distribution and Sun is reluctant to change anything.
Although it's annoying when gcc compiles C program, it's not a real
problem. But g++ (new versions) will refuse to compile those files.
I don't use gcc much, so i can ignore the problem for the time being,
but I'd suggest to change the include files. The functions which cause
problems are declared as:

foo(bar);

instead of:

int foo(bar)

So adding `int' in front of them shouldn't be a problem. And yes, it happens'
in the newest X11R6.4 release.

--
 .-.   .-.    I don't work for my employer.