Re: [gtk-list] Re: compiling gtk+ on solaris

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:56:05 -0500 (EST), Dave Reed wrote:
>> From: Erik Mouw <J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl>
>> Looks to me like Sun still ships Solaris with plain old non-ANSI C
>> compliant X11R4 header files. Install X11R6 header files and use
>> configure's --with-x-headers and --with-x-libs flags to point it to the
>> correct X version.
>>

>> Erik
>> (who lost access to a Slowaris box, but just guesses from experience)
>

> I have the same problem on my Solaris box at work - it's annoying, but
> everything does compile.  Does anyone have any other suggestions to
> get rid of all these warnings (possible gcc compilation flags to
> ignore this warning - I spend about 30 minutes on it a few weeks ago
> and couldn't find any flags that got rid of them).

Seems that my guess was right ;-). What about filing a bugreport to Sun?
In the mean time, you may try gcc's "-Wno-strict-prototypes" flag,
although this will certainly hide errors *you* made.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl