Re: [gtk-list] Re: check button MS-Windows style.

Derek Simkowiak wrote:

> > with you here, especially since window's check buttons are circles and that
> > doesn't at all integrate with the rest of Gtk's look and feel.
>
>         What, exactly, are we talking about?  In MS Windows 95, the check
> buttons are squares with tick-marks in them to signify they are selected.
>
>         If I understand Havoc and Owen correctly, they want to use the
> checkbuttons in the "Marble 3D" Gtk+ theme as the default checkbutton.  So
> far, people seem to agree that these buttons are the clearest, and I
> agree.

	I have to agree also. Believe me, the last thing that  want to see is
the Windows-ization of gtk (kde has that area covered) but the motif
style checkbuttons and radiobuttons just do not have enough contrast for
many people to visually distinguish between their states easily. My wife
and kids still have trouble with them after a couple of years of using
Linux almost exclusively.