Re: [gtk-list] Re: Text-widget

> Sounds interesting... Will that be incorporated into the gtk+ tree ??

	If I can get it done in time for a 1.4 or 2.0 release, I certainly
hope so :).

	This is my number one priority right now.  I was working on a
Gtk+ text editor when I ran into this wall of the unfinished GtkText.  Now
I've taken on the task of finishing it, so I can complete my application.

> In the meantime i think i'll start working on my own text-class. Then it
> will work just as i wan't it too.

	This sounds like a good idea.  If you can keep the design (and
function/variable names, etc.) in the Gtk+ style, perhaps your class will
be used as the new official GtkText.  It'd be good to have a couple of
competing designs to choose from (note that I'm already in 'competition'
with the author of the GtkExText widget :).

--Derek