Re: [gtk-list] Re: Rectangular selection and style guide

> Good question. There really are so few apps that implement rectangular select
> that I think it's a 'frontier' -- no real conventions.

	I am also working on an app to implement block mode (aka
rectangular selection). I think I am going to use the "ALT" key.

	There is no standard governing the use of ALT keys in window
managers, but there is a 'standard by convention' of using the ALT key for
block mode due to the Microsoft platform.  CTRL key is the standard for
appending a selection (without necessarily extending it).

	I agree that it should be configurable.  FYI, Nedit uses the CTRL
key for block mode.

--Derek