GtkEntry is a little annoying...

Point of criticism 1: (soft criticism :-))
Has anybody noticed that when you're entering text at the end of a
GtkEntry, the cursor dissapears, so you can't see where you are typing
nor what you are writing until you newly move to the end of the entry?

Point of criticism 2:
The GtkEntry responds to keys like END, Arrow Keys, Home, Ctrl+Arrow
left, ..., but doesn't respond to the Numerical Arrows, etc ... (Yes, I
have Num Block disabled. :-)). Is this something related to
X (Xmodmap? or something) or to GTK?. Note that KDE entries does respond
to Numerical Arrows.

Point of criticism 3:
In Spain we use the symbols: ñ, Ñ, ü, á, and others. The following is an
example of text I can write inside an entry:
"La cigüeña está ñoña."
Everything OK. Now suppose I have the cursor over the "o" in "ñoña", and
I double click to select the word "ñoña" (is a word in spanish :-)).
Then only the "o" is selected, because for GtkEntry the strange symbols
"ñ"'s doesn't form part of a word. Strange behaviour this is.
I know this have something to do with i18n, but I don't exactly know
what.

Many criticism today, >:-(.
Any ideas or future patches that will be applied to correct these
things...?
Thanks for any responses, even criticism over the criticism...