Re: [gtk-list] Re: Retreiving image from GdkPixmap

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Martijn Graswinckel <martijn@jjgraswinckel.demon.nl> writes:
> > Is it possible to retrieve the contents of a
> > GdkPixmap so that it can be saved as an image.
> >
> > I've looked in the gdk source for a while but
> > can't seem to figure it out.
> >
> > If somebody has some sample code well, that would
> > be great.
> >

> Look at gdk_imlib_create_image_from_drawable() or
> gdk_pixbuf_get_from_drawable(). (In Imlib and gdk-pixbuf
> respectively).

As an alternative, you can also use the GdkMagick library to retrieve the image
from the pixmap and save it into a file. The beauty of GdkMagick (and
ImageMagick) is that you can save the image in a large variety of file
formats.

For more information, check out http://home.earthlink.net/~lightmanaj/GdkMagick

Thanks,
--Arthur