OpenGL and GTK?

 Hi All-

 I've got an application that I'm writing that makes use of the MesaGL
library that shows different views of product parts. As these parts have
a lot of data associated with them, there is a fairly complicated set of
entry forms (using GTK), push buttons, sliders, and fields that engineers
use when there are design changes. As data is updated in the data entry
forms, the MesaGL model changes in response, and if the engineer clicks
and drags on a part, the forms change as well.

 The only thing is that it would be really nice if the MesaGL window was
a frame within the GTK application. For example, the MesaGL window could
be situated right next to the sliders that adjust parameters, and having
the application set into two different windows can be a pain sometimes
because one or the other gets buried under other windows, and so on.

 I would like to know if it is possible to include MesaGL windows as a
widget under GTK, or else somehow encapsulate a MesaGL window to make it
fit under a GTK window.

 If not, would this be a do-able project for an average programmer like me?
It would be worthwhile to spend time on making a widget that's really a
MesaGL window, but responds to GNOME data events. I don't know how complex
it might be and if there's a good reason it's impossible, it would be good
to know about it sooner rather than later! I'm not very well-versed in the
internals of MesaGL or GTK, although I'm a heavy user of the API's of each.

 Perhaps someone else ran into this problem a long time ago and I just need
a pointer to the solution?

 Any thoughts or comments appreciated!

 -Derrick