Re: Re: Modal dialog - no more please!

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Jiang XU wrote:

> The code seems to be not all of them, you do not have signal connect........
> any way, according to the code you show here,
> Do not add gtk_main() in run_dialog(), insdead, put gtk_widget_destroy(dialog)
> in a call back function of some signal connect with the dialog. then put the
> gtk_main() in the main.cpp

Yes, aehm No!
What I'm trying to do is to implement an easy call of some modal warning
dialogs. I do not want a new callback for every warning dialog I create...

The main() has the following structure:

  one_main_callback()
  {
    question = run_dialog();
    <do something>
  }

  main()
  {
    create_main_window_with_callbacks();
    gtk_main();
  }

> > The structure is the following:
> >
> > callback()
> > {
> >   <store result>
> >   gtk_main_quit();
> > }
> >
> > run_dialog()
> > {
> >   <create dialog with callbacks>
> >   gtk_widget_show(dialog);
> >   gtk_main();
> >   gtk_widget_destroy(dialog);
> >   return result;
> > }
> >
> > My modal dialog drives me crazy ?!
> > After closing the dialog and clicking to any other widget it
> > mystically appears again. What's strange is that it does not
> > happen always.

Gruss
 Sven
--