Dimensioning a scrolled window

Hi folks,

I'm packing a GdkDrawingArea into a GdkScrolledWindow using

gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport(GTK_SCROLLED_WINDOW(scrollbox),
				      drawarea);

The scrollbar policy is GTK_POLICY_ALWAYS for both horizontal
and vertical scrollbars. I know how big the drawing area is,
and I want to set the size of the scrolled window to show the
entire drawing area. However, the scrollbars take up a part of
the scrolled window's size. How do I know how big the scrollbars
are, so I can add that amount onto the the gtk_widget_set_usize()
request? Is the only way to construct the scrolled window manually
from individual scrollbars etc?

-Andy

--
Andy Walker                              Kvaerner Oil & Gas a.s.
andy@lysaker.kvaerner.no                 P.O. Box 222,

   ......if the answer isn't violence, neither is your silence......