Re: how to have a events processed outside of gtk_main()

from the quill of Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> on scroll
<Pine.LNX.4.10.9908281122450.21652-100000@icon.labs.redhat.com>

> Check the FAQ under "how do I make a progress bar update?" or
> something
> like that.

D'oh!  Now I am embarassed.  My appologies for not do that in the first
place.  I was so close in my attempt.  I found the gtk_main_iteration()
function but I just did not realize to put it into a
while(gtk_events_pending()) loop.  Works like a charm!

For those interested, simply put one of these where you want the
application to show an update (outside of gtk_main() of course):

        while (gtk_events_pending())
                gtk_main_iteration();

--
Brian J. Murrell                              InterLinx Support Services, Inc.
North Vancouver, B.C.                                             604 983 UNIX