Re: [gtk-list] offtopic colons and gtk (;

    Andreas> Hi, I know that question is slightly off topic, but it
    Andreas> would be nice if you would not flame me for this, or even
    Andreas> better give me an answer (:

    Andreas> I have found some colons (':') in the source code of GTK
    Andreas> for which I don't know what exactly they are
    Andreas> therefore.

They are a little-used C feature, known as 'bit fields'. They declare
how many bits in width a variable should be exactly, while keeping the
base type the same.

So:

int i : 1;

means that i is of type int but is only one bit wide, so can only be
set to 0 or 1.

--
Brought to you by the letters S and T and the number 13.
"Sculch is junk."