displaying an image: GtkImage?

I am writing a program which needs to display an image.  The image is
presently stored as a two dimensional array of floats which have values
ranging between 0.0 and 1.0 (inclusive).  I have a function which returns
red, green, and blue, values given an element of this array.  I would like
to display this array as an image, and I'm looking for help getting
started. The image will be refreshed up to 5 times per second and is
approximately 50 x 50 in size.

Should I use the GtkImage widget?  Does anyone have an example of the use
of the GtkImage widget that I could see?  In particular, what is the use
of the mask argument to gtk_image_new?

Thank you,
Tobin Fricke <tobin@sji.org>