Re: Replacing Object - Resolved!

David Allen <opop@erols.com> writes:

> Ok, this is how I did it.
>
> I seem to have done everything right anyways, but the one call that was
> the "magic bullet" was gtk_widget_show_all(window_toplevel);
>
> Eh????  I made sure the widget was shown in its container, and that the
> container was shown, but I had to play with the visibility of the window
> to get it to show the new widget?
>
> It beats the hell out of me why this works, but it seems to work.  :)

Well, I don't think this is actually what is going on.  show_all()
does no magic except show all the widgets, and I've done similar
things a number of times without running into difficulites.

It is impossible to tell without seeing more code. (It is best when
reporting problems to give actual working examples of what doesn't
work), but it sounds like you might never have been showing the new
widget? In any case, if you got it working, I guess it doesn't matter.

Regards,
                                        Owen