Replacing Object - Resolved!

Ok, this is how I did it.

I seem to have done everything right anyways, but the one call that was
the "magic bullet" was gtk_widget_show_all(window_toplevel);

Eh????  I made sure the widget was shown in its container, and that the
container was shown, but I had to play with the visibility of the window
to get it to show the new widget?

It beats the hell out of me why this works, but it seems to work.  :)

--
David Allen
http://opop.nols.com/