Re: [gtk-list] Re: Freetype and G[TD]K

On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, Iain wrote:

> So it's a void*
> I'm not sure how it's set out internally. I know it's padded so each line is
> a number of bytes.
>
> But thats all I know at the moment. If you need anything more, I'll give the
> documentation another good read.

Well of course you need something more... chances are low that it's the
same format as the GDK functions expect, barring an amazing coincidence of
some kind. Just randomly trying things is not going to get you very far.
:-)

Read the FreeType docs/source or pester the FreeType people, and find out
how to get the bitmap data in a format you can use. Once you know what the
format is, we can tell you how to use it with GTK+.

Havoc