Re: [gtk-list] Can DrawingArea produce key press event?

hj wrote:

> I want to catch key press event and draw string in DrawingArea.
>
>         gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(drawingArea),"key_press_event",GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(keyPressEvent),NULL);
>         gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(drawingArea),"expose_event",GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(mainExposeEvent),NULL);
>         gnome_app_set_contents(GNOME_APP(app),drawingArea);
>
> DrawingArea don't call function keyReleaseEvent when I press any key. How can I do?
>
> ÿôèº{.nÇ+?·ÿ?¨¥þ˧²æìr¸>zdþX¬·úު笷úÞv­ýÊ&ÿ÷^¿ùî

I have just read that the key_release event is not supported on every hardware and you should therefor not
build crucial parts of
your programm with it, but on the other side you should although handle this event.

daniel

PS: read it in the sample chapter of the upcoming gtk-book (link from the gtk.org page)