Re: [gtk-list] AW: Re: windows sizing

On Sat, 7 Aug 1999, Sackwitz, Antje wrote:
> Actually it is that we want out users not to run anything besides our
> apllication on the computer and
> the top level application window should be maximal screen size.
> So do I understand you correct just to try without any window manager?

Yeah, I'd give that a try. If it doesn't work, you might take a tiny
window manager (like wm2, only 3000 lines of code or so) and modify it to
do what you want.

> I was scanning through the gtk sources and found GTK_WINDOW::move_resize
> and thought I could somehow use this, but as I understand you it will
> not do?

You can call gdk_screen_width() and gdk_screen_height(), then use
gtk_window_set_usize() and gtk_window_set_uposition() to set the window to
the size of the screen, but this won't be the same as "maximize" under
most window managers - try it and you'll see why. However, it may work
fine if you have no window manager at all.

Havoc