Re: [gtk-list] IDEs?

On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 11:56:20PM -0400, John C Atkeson wrote:

>   I'm compiling my gtk programs with Cygwin gcc in Windows (to be later
> ported to Linux and Irix).
>
>   Notepad is starting to suck. ;-)   Would anybody recommend their
> favorite IDE for this sort of thing?
>   Has anybody tried gide (gtk IDE) yet?
>
>   John

I know this may not be what you were looking to hear, but I use Emacs for all
development.  Emacs is absolutely INSANE in what it can do.  It should be
great to go from notepad to something with real horsepower.

The only drawback to emacs versus an ide is that you actually have to learn
some commands rather than doing everything from a pulldown menu...(but then
again there's xemacs too...)

Emacs is incredibly powerful - give it a shot.

--
David Allen
http://opop.nols.com/