[gtk-list] Re: gtk with zh_TW.Big5

The locale support of GTK+ libs is great. We must thanks those good guys who
wrote it.
After days' testing on the GNOME enviroment, I found some problems that
might not caused by the GTK+.

Setting the gtkrc file to use compound text(iso8859+Big5) is OK for all of
Gtkwidgets. But not all GNOME made widgets.

For example,
When we use gless to view a chinese-Big5 coded document, that is fine, if we
set proper context widget "style" settings in rc files.
But when we use gEdit or gXedit, they made me confused with how to set the
fonts. There is a Font Picker dialog, but it seems that you can pick one
font at a time only.

Another one is the gmc, you can see the correct chinese file name in "Brief"
mode, but not in the "Icons" mode. I guess this is the "Icons" mode widget
problems.

Maybe some self-made widgets in GNOME should pay more attentions to the
locale issue.

By the way, I watch the [gtk-list] and [gnome-list] for some time, I should
say, Owen is really a good friend of asian people.

Harry Chou (Taiwan)