Re: [gtk-list] Re: Question: Displaying Images (TIM Files)

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> >  I've got the pixel information, so i was figuring the simplest way would
> >  be to just do a for loop and do a whole lot of gdk_draw_points
>
> Eeeeeeek, please don't do that.
>
> If you have a way to go from TIM to an RGB or grayscale buffer, you
> can use the GdkRGB functions to paint it to a drawable.

That sounds like a good alternative, however GdkRGB doesn't seem to be
covered in the GTK tutorial, can you suggest someplace to find some
documentation on it? (Or a piece of (hopefully commented) sample code?)

Preferably somepalce that also says what the format of an RGB is, though
it sounds pretty simple =)

Thanks again =)